Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Entry-Level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in the Knoxville, TN office. Candidate will be exposed to a range of projects related to energy, transportation, industrial/commercial, and government sectors.
The ideal candidate for this position is self-motivated, self-disciplined, and able to work independently. Strong interpersonal and writing skills are critical. The successful candidate should be flexible in assignments, willing to travel, and eager to learn.
- Work under the supervision of senior civil and geotechnical engineers
- Develop grading plans and models using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Learn to use relevant software
- Prepare engineering reports, specifications, and other deliverables associated with design projects
- Under the guidance of an engineer, perform engineering calculations/analyses for material quantities, soil embankment dams, H&H storm events and stormwater channel geometries, shallow and deep foundations, settlement, soil and rock slope stability, retaining walls, etc.
- Perform field explorations and data collection
- Prepare field and/or laboratory assignments for testing of concrete, soils, aggregates, etc.
- Perform field oversight of multiple contractor crews and junior inspection staff
- Prepare routine documentation of all field activities and testing
- Prepare field reports, internal correspondence, and sections of formal reports
- Follow company and client safety standards
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET Accredited College / University (required)
- Master of Science in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering from an ABET Accredited College / University (preferred)
- E.I.T. license or ability to attain within 6 months
- Must have strong oral / written communication skills and ability to work well in teams
- Ability to apply analytical or scientific thinking to define and solve problems and be able to execute field and office tasks
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (required) and AutoCAD Civil 3D (preferred)
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Requires some travel and willingness to work outdoors
- Valid Driver's License
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and traverse over rugged terrain
- Pass drug test and background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.