The Construction Manager is responsible for providing technical expertise in the management and oversight of new home construction projects in accordance with the Company’s standards and processes. Ensures adherence to construction schedules, safety programs, quality standards and budgetary planning. Acts as the liaison between the Company and its customers to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained throughout the construction process. Develops partnerships to build a positive rapport with trade partners, municipality inspectors, and customers.
Education: A high school diploma and/or equivalent is required, however, a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience working in the residential construction industry is desirable. A minimum of 6 months – 1 year of prior experience at the Assistant Superintendent level is desirable.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- English: Mandatory
- Spanish: Preferred
- Management, people, and team building skills.
- Track record of results working with and coaching vendors.
- Knowledge of building codes, municipal codes, permitting and regulations, construction management, construction-related software (Co-Construct).
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to write and communicate effectively (listening, verbal and written), make correct decisions and delegate work effectively.
- Demonstrates professional interaction skills with customers.
- Knowledge of residential construction.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Works well under stress.
- Time Management.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Organizational skills.