SPECTROFUGE SEEKING APPLICANTS FOR ENTRY LEVEL FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN POSITION
Spectrofuge is a pioneer in the field of independent service organizations for laboratory equipment service. We have been providing repair, preventive maintenance and calibration services for biomedical and scientific research instrumentation throughout the southeast since 1975.
Spectrofuge Corporation prides itself in the well-qualified, highly skilled service technicians that are employed by the company. Spectrofuge technicians have over 175 combined years of experience in the laboratory equipment field service industry. With a service force of 9 technicians in the company, Spectrofuge technicians have a long history of servicing laboratory equipment in the southeast, specifically covering the state of North Carolina. Spectrofuge has experienced steady and slow growth over its 43 years of operation. In the last 3 to 4 years, the company has seen an upswing in its customers’ needs for equipment maintenance contract agreements as well as for regular, scheduled preventive maintenance and calibration services. With this upswing, Spectrofuge Corporation is seeking to increase its’ workforce, and is looking for qualified applicants for the position of an entry-level Field Service Technician.
The Field Service Technician would perform repairs, calibrations and maintenance of biomedical research equipment and instrumentation used for research and/or healthcare delivery at universities, private/corporate facilities and government agencies in the southeast, specifically covering the state of North Carolina.
Potential candidates for the entry-level Field Service Technician would have backgrounds/experience and demonstrate proficiency in one or more of the following areas:
- electronic theory and electronic troubleshooting backgrounds, applicable certificates/degrees
- experience with repair and assembly of structural components like motors, switches, controls, gauges, valves, pumps, wiring harnesses, etc.
- refrigeration service background and/or EPA approved Refrigeration Technician Certification
- biology and/or chemistry backgrounds, certificates or degrees
- employment in the research labs at universities or colleges, private companies or government agencies
- field service experience with laboratory research equipment including but not limited to centrifuges, CO2 incubators, shakers, vacuum pumps, waterbaths, autoclaves, etc.
- field service experience in other service industries like copier repair, HVAC repair technicians, etc.
- biotechnology industry experience
- computer software and hardware troubleshooting and programing experience
- strong customer service skills
- strong organizational skills
- strong time-management skills
- strong problem-solving skills and ability to interpret a variety of written and oral instructions
- a strong commitment to learning new skills and skillsets,
Spectrofuge Corporation offers competitive salary and benefits packages. Benefits include
paid health insurance for employees, Safe Harbor 401k Retirement Plan, short term disability insurance, term life insurance, cell phone allowance, company service vehicle which includes fuel allowance and coverage of maintenance costs, paid vacation and holidays, commissions on sales of equipment and other items. The field service technician position and all benefits are subject to probationary periods and eligibility requirements as per Spectrofuge company policies.
Spectrofuge Corporation is looking forward to hearing from all qualified candidates interested in the entry-level Field Service Technician position. Please send resumes with cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes with cover letters will be accepted thru July 31,2018. If you have questions pertaining to specific requirements of the job, please email the above address with your question(s). A Spectrofuge representative will respond to you as soon as possible with more information.