A full service domestic and international trademark, copyright law firm is looking for a Legal Assistant to support multiple departments (litigation and prosecution for patent, trademark, and copyright). The Paralegal will work on all stages of prosecution/litigation.
- Communicate with clients and foreign associates on IP related correspondence. Prepare correspondence to attorneys, clients and foreign associates. Handle all correspondence with the USPTO.
- File and maintain high volume of patent/trademark/copyright application projects. Update IPPO with details and review documents for accuracy throughout the application process.
- Prepare/review applications, required forms, Responses to Office Actions, Notices of Allowance, and extension requests/Allegations of Use. Propose identifications.
- Manage and maintain attorney's docket system.
- Conduct patent/trademark/copyright research and searches.
- Prepare patent/trademark/copyright reports and spreadsheets for clients.
- Prepare extensive cost estimates for new patent/trademark/copyright applications and assignments.
- Organize client files and maintain records in Worldox.
- Answer, screen and route high volume of phone calls.
- Schedule meetings and conference calls.
- Manage a large electronic filing system.
- Enter attorney time and prepare draft bills. Liaise with the accounting department to facilitate payment of invoices.
- Maintain an Excel spreadsheet with updated client lists.
- Special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree required. Mush have a high GPA.
- Previous legal work experience and/or legal internships.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Can type 50+ words per minute
- Excellent analytical, organizational, multi-tasking, computer, administrative, and written/oral communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail, ability to follow instructions and work in a paper intensive, fast-paced, demanding and deadline driven environment.
*Current openings require applicant to be able to begin work within a relatively short period of time. Greater weight will be given to applicants able to make an approximately two year or greater commitment to the firm.