Superior Group is hiring a Quality Inspector for our Fremont, Ca based business partner.
****This is an Entry Level role. You will be trained on ISO procedures
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Train, evaluate and monitor Jr. Quality Inspectors.
• Assist in managing the document control system per ISO standards and internal ISO processes. Including assisting process owners in the updates/changes & introduction of new ISO processes.
• Work with all department leads in the response process for corrective and preventive actions.
• Provide leadership and training of quality staff to achieve quality goals.
• Provide input for inspection methods and improvements related to the job.
• Manage and monitor Material Discrepancy Reports (MDR’s) and QA Holds to ensure the processing is done correctly and in a timely manner.
• Maintains and organizes MDR and scrap locations.
• Perform inspection, and audit of materials, parts, products, assemblies and processes to assure conformance to established procedures and work instructions.
• Support Production Supervisor and Production Leads in monitoring quality and achieving daily production goals.
• Monitoring of weight scale and weight scale usage by certified operators.
• Establish and maintain excellent quality standards.
• Establish processes and monitor production quality and efficiency.
• Promote quality and safety awareness at all times.
• Assist production and operations with testing or products or systems as directed by companies clients.
• Helps to set an example for other departments to achieve company Quality Policy and Goals.
• Assist Quality Manager with Internal Audits as needed
Computer/software: Windows, Microsoft Office and Intuitive ERP
Responsible for the visual inspection of components, sub-assemblies and finished products.
Performs and/or monitors various inspection activities including in-process, receiving inspection and final inspection.
Assists process owners in identifying problems while providing solutions to the problems.
Reports to: Quality Manager
Requires ability to move freely throughout the facility (may include walking up and down stairs, through tight or congested areas, as well as up or down ladders), ability to lift, pull and push up to 30 lbs., ability to verify, by sight, accuracy of product and paperwork, and ability to work with mathematical statistics.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
High School Diploma (or equivalent)
1 year experience in a high speed and manual labor manufacturing environment
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
Must have significant experience in quality inspection.
Familiar with ISO 9001 & 13485.
Internal ISO auditing experience a plus.
Go Beyond. .
EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.