Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Entry-level Environmental Analyst to work with senior managers in our San Diego and Santa Barbara offices to assist with environmental planning projects and contribute to Woods’s capacity in the environmental and engineering marketplace. Part-time or hourly schedules considered in addition to full time.
The successful candidate will report to a Senior Project Manager in our San Diego office. Primary responsibilities will include preparing analyses of environmental issues for a variety of project types in the context of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) compliance, Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 401/404 permitting, local planning documents, etc. Core tasks will include conducting independent research as well as reviewing technical analyses (e.g., transportation impact analyses, hydrology studies, geotechnical analyses, etc.) and preparing assessments that clearly and concisely describe potential impacts in a way that can be readily understand by agencies, members of the public, and key decision makers.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Land Use Planning, Natural Resources
- Management or related field
- Zero- to 3-years (for entry-level) experience in authoring resource area descriptions, impacts analyses, etc.
- General understanding of environmental principles and standards
- Strong writing technical writing skills required (a writing sample will be requested)
- Demonstrated familiarity (and preferably work experience) with NEPA and CEQA
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work independently and efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Entry-level pay commensurate with experience
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.