The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist is responsible for implementing the organization’s Health and Safety programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Regulate employees on compliance with Safety and Health requirements.
• Inspect machines and other equipment for accident preventing devices (Lockout, Tag out)
• Audit and maintain acceptable levels of safety, emergency response and first aid equipment
• Conduct assessments and implement provisions of disseminating information including but not limited to advice, signs, posters, barriers and performance measures to warn employees of potential or actual safety hazards and/or to prevent access to areas where hazardous conditions exist
• Perform audits throughout the manufacturing operations and work with Supervision to reduce the risk of employee injury
• Demonstrate continual focus on improvements and enhancements.
• Develops, recommends and implements programs to assure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal environmental regulations including documentation, reporting, permits, manifests, training, and policy development
• Develops and administers EH&S training and communication programs (i.e. HAZCOM, HAZMAT, etc.).
• Interfaces with external agencies, plant, division and corporate contacts regarding various Environmental initiatives, programs and practices.
• Extract and manipulate data from business systems for environmental reporting. Complete and submit periodic reports for air, storm water, waste water, hazardous waste, community right to know programs and other relevant media
• Record and investigate all incidents of injury, work related illness or damage to property, partnering with the necessary parties to resolve any identified corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence and meet loss-reduction goals.
• Coordinate, Plan and implement the actions and recommendations of the Safety Committee in accordance with Regulations and Company Policy.
• Orchestrate monthly Safety Audits of the facility, equipment and personnel to ensure compliance with all Regulations and Company Policies and ensure a safe workplace, partnering with necessary parties to resolve any identified corrective actions.
• Must perform other reasonable tasks as assigned by Supervision
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Safety Engineering, or related technical field
• Must be experienced in environmental inspection and audit processes
• 2 - 5 years of experience in a large manufacturing environment.
• 1 year of experience performing the duties of a Health and Safety Specialist focal in an industrial setting or the ability to demonstrate adequate knowledge of the applicable regulations, industrial risk and preventive action
• Have working knowledge of OSHA Regulations
• The ability to train and otherwise direct the actions of others where health or safety issues are concerned
• Experience working with regulatory agencies and external auditors.
• The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
• Must have strong leadership skills
• Must have demonstrated the effective utilization of skills in such areas as planning and organizing, decision-making, problem solving, communication, and administration
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple and diverse work assignments with minimal supervision and direction
• Must possess excellent computer skills
• Must possess ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization
Must possess the ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds; the ability to climb ladders, they must possess independent body mobility and the ability to stand, walk, crawl, stoop, bend, pull or push, identify and distinguish colors
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Click Here To Apply