Lavelle Industries, Inc., a leading rubber and plastics manufacturer for the plumbing industry, located in Burlington, WI, is actively recruiting for an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist. This is a key and highly visible role that will support the Operations team in the administration of safety policies and continuous improvement to reduce risks to the safety of our employees.
This role will report directly to the Burlington Plant Manager and will work closely with the Operations Management team pioneering safety education, policy administration and providing leadership in safety-focused improvement projects.
- Tracking and ensuring compliance for all local and state environmental reporting
- Tactical ownership for establishing and executing the annual Safety plan
- Leadership of several continuous improvement project team
- Remain current with changes in state and local requirements
- Review industrial accident reports and work with Supervisors to complete corrective actions and ensure effectiveness
- Advise our Engineering team of ergonomic standards for new equipment purchases or work cell design
- Establish standards and timing for periodic safety testing and training
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety preferred or equivalent experience
- 2 - 5 years manufacturing experience required
- Knowledge and understanding of State of Wisconsin environmental reporting requirements
- Experience creating and presenting safety training
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
There is no deadline for application. We are committed to filling this critical role with the right person and will accept applications until the position is filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.