Looking for a small company, lots of learning experiences, and fun place to work, then join CDMS.
Chemical Data Management Systems (est. 1988) is an environmental and safety consulting company with offices in Signal Hill and Dublin, California. The firm specializes in assisting companies that use hazardous materials, to stay in compliance with environmental & safety regulations at the local, State and Federal levels.
CDMS assists clients to compile with Air Quality, Wastewater, Hazardous Waste, Hazardous Material, Storm Water, Safety and many other requirements.
We prepare compliance plans, conduct employee training, prepare agency reports, conduct compliance audits, conduct sampling and monitoring, and much more to assist our clients in meeting requirements.
The ideal candidate:
- A college degree in a science field required
- 1 year of experience in environmental regulatory field
- Strong background in math and science
- A personable demeanor and professional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Word and Excel
- The ability to work independently
- Experience with Mac computers
- A high attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Ability to be comfortable conducting trainings to groups of 10-40 people (10% of the job)
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
The position of an Environmental Specialist will involve activities such as:
- Preparing reports (Air Emissions Reports, EPA Form R reports, Hazardous Material Business Plans, Hazardous Material Chemical Inventories, Biennial Hazardous Waste Report, etc.)
- Assisting with permitting requirements and documentation (air quality, wastewater, Tiered Permitting, stormwater, etc.)
- Conducting employee training
- Conducting monitoring (air monitoring, soil sampling, etc.)
- Conducting compliance audits
- Providing ongoing compliance support to clients
- Providing various other support activities to clients to assist with their compliance efforts
As an Environmental Specialist you will assist companies with their environmental compliance requirements through on-site visits, working with regulatory agencies, and inspecting client’s sites to help them maintain compliance.
This position requires a college degree and experience in the environmental field, and FLUENCY IN SPANISH preferred.
We offer a benefit package including medical and a 401k plan and will provide training.
Qualified applicants please submit resume by email. Learn more about Chemical Data Management Systems at www.cdms.com.