Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 68744BR Date posted 06/27/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
At Pratt and Whitney, the sky has no limits.
With Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to help build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Do you have the experience to join our team?
If so, we would love to have you.Do you want to be a part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation? Would you like to do work that leaves a positive impact on the clients it serves? Well at Pratt & Whitney you'll have to opportunity to do just that. We help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. Pratt & Whitney Central Environment Health & Safety is seeking a dynamic and ambitious professional to lead initiatives that improve our effectiveness in delivering and maintaining management systems and data analysis. For this position you will need to have a strong knowledge of EH&S and drive innovation in our strategic initiatives to Go Beyond. Emphasis will be on assisting and supporting other teams and program owners within Central EH&S, working one-company solutions, and innovatively applying EH&S knowledge in measuring performance, driving results and communicating effectively. Specific job responsibilities include:
- Serve as machine guarding expert including ANSI B11 requirements, control reliability, presence sensing safety devices, interlocking guards, two hand controls, hard guarding, guarding specific to robotics, eStops with anti-restart, etc.
- Develop tools and programs to strengthen the functional hazard risk assessment program.
- Create a laceration prevention program that, based on data, will reduce injuries relative to lacerations by 50% or more.
- Drive performance by working with sites to reduce administrative burden, track performance, report out to senior leaders within the organization, and ensure that projects are funded and completed on plan.
- Development of injury reduction programs that go beyond compliance requirements.
- Provide advice, support, and technical guidance to management regarding complex issues related to the site's business, EH&S regulatory compliance, and implementation of the EH&S Management System.
- Partnering with the sites around the world to ensure H&S regulatory compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations and adherence to P&W procedures and company H&S Standard Practices as well as identification of health & safety hazards and controls to mitigate risks.
- Facilitate incident reviews and respond to incidents including being on call.
- This position is also expected to provide timely information and guidance to the EHS councils and Sub-Committees, including H&S performance trends and root cause corrective actions for injuries and near misses; and support in the development and implementation of strategic action plans to achieve the company goal of having a hazard-free workplace, and injury-free employees
- Manage aspects of Health and Safety through the identification of hazards and risks to the organization while implementing proper controls and corrective action.
- Provide subject matter expertise in a broad range of topics including but not limited to the following: Elevated Work, Confined Space, LOTO, electrical safety, working at heights, machine guarding, etc
- Assist sites with the development of strategic EH&S initiatives and coordinate/drive the necessary tactical resources/elements to ensure successful implementation.
- Leading incident investigations/teams.
- Travel can be up to 20%.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (6 years).
- 4+years related experience in EH&S Extraordinary analytical, organization, and communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to government program requirements.
- Broad site level experience in EH&S regulations affecting industry (e.g. OSHA, EPA, etc) and the application of those requirements across different organizations/sites.
- Strong ability to provide high-level customer service and meet objectives, lead company-wide initiatives, and present to senior management.
- Experience with project management and implementation of EH&S management systems preferred.
- Experience with acquisition due diligence, integration, closure and environmental remediation preferred.
- Experience with continuous improvement systems such as ACE or Six-Sigma a plus.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (6 years)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.