ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY SPECIALISTProject Description:
The ideal candidate will assist SHE staff at the Frederick Biologics Manufacturing Center (FMC) in coordinating, implementing, and maintaining FMC Safety, Health, & Environment Programs and Services. Position focus is on addressing specific SHE programs' elements to meet or exceed both internal and external compliance requirements to meet Client's goals of protecting its employees, property and environment. The position duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain fundamental understanding of safe workplace practices and procedures.
- Conduct or assist in hazard evaluations of jobs and processes, and perform routine inspections of facilities and operations for unsafe conditions and work practices.
- Schedule, coordinate or conduct SHE project tasks as assigned.
- Respond to emergency situations such as chemical spills or incidents.
- Conduct or assist investigations and root cause analysis of incidents or SafeCard matters and prepare investigation written reports.
- Perform risk assessments of workplace recommending corrective actions to reduce / eliminate hazards, and prepare assessment written reports.
- Participates in the Safety or SHE associated meetings and training.
- Other department support and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health and Safety, BioTech or similar field preferred.
- 4+ years of industry experience is required in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Safety, Health and Environmental field; strong training development and delivered desired.
- Professional certificates or licenses are preferred but not required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedures and policies.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
- Outlook, MS Office Programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, etc.), SharePoint, and Capability to Utilize Various Programs Developed for Day to Day Operations.
- Noise level: Quiet to Medium.
- Vision Requirements: Ability to Adjust Focus.
- Lifting Limits: Up to 40 lbs.
This 5+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Cheryl: email@example.com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #18-00896
W2 ONLY MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE