Environmental, Health, & Safety Manager
We have a great new opportunity in the Herkimer, NY area for an Environmental, Health, & Safety Manager. This position will plan, direct, and implement organization safety programs to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment.
- Plans, implements and monitors safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
- Provide guidance to production and maintenance personnel on occupational health and safety issues.
- Develops and implements site-specific programs, policies, and procedures as well as the development of required training programs.
- Monitor the safe condition audit process – ensuring that all audits are completed and properly documented.
- Demonstrate project management and ability to deliver effective EH&S-related training
- Implementing environmental, safety programs and effective training curriculum.
- Assist in the safety evaluation of new projects, equipment and ventures; evaluate and recommend actions to improve safety performance and to reduce risk
- Participate in any process safety reviews conducted on site operations
- Lead the emergency response team and all emergency response team activities.
- Direct site safety committee activities, as well as union management safety meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in EHS Management and Training
- Familiarity with: OSHA, VPP, PSM
- Up to 60K
If this position is not the right fit for you, but better for someone you know please feel free to forward the information. We compensate up to $500 for referrals that are placed into positions with our clients.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume in WORD format to: firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp and refer to job # 49122
CPS Recruitment is an EOE