Well-established manufacturing group is seeking a hands-on Health and Safety Specialist to join their team for a long-term contract opportunity. Ideally we are seeking candidates with 2+ Years of EH&S experience, manufacturing industry experience, understanding of HS&E Regulations, and who can be a strong team player.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training
- Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- 2+ Years of HSE Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in HSE Related field preferred
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to partner with line managers to ensure accountability for safety
- Team-player mindset