Well-established Chicopee Manufacturing company currently seeking Production Supervisors for 1st and 2nd shift. Full time, Direct hire opportunity with excellent benefits offered!
The Production Supervisor directs and coordinates union personnel within various departments involving various stages of manufacturing and assembly of automotive timing chain system components.
- Responsible for directing, coordinating, training, coaching, and supervising the daily activities of assigned employees that are directly and/or indirectly engaged in the production process of assigned products/departments/processes in a manner that ensures all safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and labor utilization goals are achieved.
- Create and monitor daily efficient flow of material through the department by utilization of manpower and equipment in the department.
- Determine and implement continuous improvement plans for the equipment, and overall department.
- Monitor yearly budget for the department ensure goals are met by reducing cost related to production and MRO supplies.
- Foster working relationships with associated departments i.e. Planning, Engineering and Quality.
- Establish and maintain effective communication vehicles such as toolbox meetings and employee meetings.
- Understand, communicate, and follow all company policies, work rules, and Union Contract. Effectively utilizes this knowledge to:
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Correctly maintain time and attendance records.
- Confer with Group Leader(s) and employees to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Ensure department inventory is accurate.
- Make daily decisions on production schedules and personnel related matters that affect the delivery and quality.
- It is the expectation of the company that Supervisors will accomplish these goals by working to a high ethical standard and consistently complies with all company policies, work rules, Union Contractual agreements, and applicable laws with little to no direct supervision.
- Must be able to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd Shift, depending on operational needs.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred but Not Required.
- Manufacturing environment experience a plus but not required.
- 3+ Years of Automotive Manufacturing Experience; 5 - 7 years of Supervisory experience, heat treating, metal finishing or working with metals is preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word required;
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing, Project Management and ISO procedures is required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work; excellent time management skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making with the ability to analyze situations and present a resolution(s).
Please submit resume or call (413) 317-7677 for more details.