We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Performs basic cleaning functions in all areas of the Health System providing a sanitary and aesthetically pleasing environment. Additional responsibilities include stripping and refinishing floors, carpet extraction, operating battery powered Carpet Extractors, Autoscrubbers and Floor Burnishers, performing heavy lifting tasks (movement of furniture and equipment), movement of patient furniture, hanging of cubicle curtains and drapes. Removes and transports pharmaceutical waste to appropriate storage location. Prepares pharmaceutical waste for shipping and other assigned duties related to the Environmental Service Department.
- Experience: Cleaning experience in an institutional setting is preferred.
- Other: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: Ability to read and write with capability of following oral and written instruction. Able to communicate effectively with patients, guests and all hospital personnel. Working Conditions, Mental and Physical Requirements: Physical demands include walking/standing up to 8 hours a shift. Lifting, carrying objects up to 70 pounds. Pushing, pulling, climbing (stairs, ladders), stooping, bending, squatting, crawling and reaching. Physical demands are attached plus push, pull up to 50+#, and grip up to 50+# lbs., pinch up to 15 lbs., kneel, crouch, and crawl minimally. Equipment Used: Carpet extractors, Floor burnishers, Low speed scrubbing buffers, Cardboard bailer, Pressure washers and other Housekeeping related equipment.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We’re bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We’re expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
- Performance bonus
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Care On Site
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Gym Memberships
- Long Term Disability
- Military Leave
- Merchandise Discounts
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Events
- On Site Cafeteria
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee Referral Program
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Vacation/paid time off
- Life Insurance