Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is hiring an Environmental Technician to support environmental projects managed out of our St. Louis, Missouri office. The successful candidate will have experience in soil sampling, be able to update and maintain field documentation, and have a good work ethic. This role will primarily consist of collecting soil and groundwater samples.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will support environmental projects with the following responsibilities:
- Soil and/or groundwater-sampling duties at various project locations
- Maintenance of equipment calibration logs
- Documentation of field activities for specific tasks performed for each project
- Tasks may include general labor and construction activities
- Use of Geographical Positioning Systems (GPS) for collection of environmental data
- Adherence to all Health & Safety Standards in all field-related activities
- At least one year of related sampling and/or fieldwork experience
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and capable of working long, physically demanding and varied hours in remote locations
- Ability to travel to project sites in Farmington, Viburnum, and Joplin, Missouri areas up to 100% of time
- Experience with environmental instrumentation desired, but not mandatory (XRF)
- Ability to use Excel and Word to complete project documentation
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification desired, or ability to obtain
- Valid driver’s license
- High School diploma or equivalent
Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.