The Environmental Waste Manager supports the onsite execution of a client’s environmental waste and recycling program. This position serves as the client’s main contact and primary interface with Clean Harbors on a daily basis.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Manages and tracks facility wide “cradle to grave” waste generation, storage, and disposal;
- Develops recycling plans/initiatives focused on reducing outgoing waste to landfills;
- Ensures that material is properly packaged, profiled and labeled prior to shipment to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance;
- Schedules transportation and disposal for outgoing wastes as needed;
- Scopes special projects and provide estimates;
- Responsible for program budget and costs;
- Maintains appropriate visibility at customer site, focusing on execution of work and issue resolution;
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required (B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or Environmental Science preferred);
- Previous environmental waste related experience;
- 3+ years’ experience running a hazardous waste program;
- Management experience in areas of budgets, record keeping, supervision, planning and liability;
- Familiarity with regulatory status requirements of Small and Large Quantity Generators, such as EPA, RCRA, DOT etc;
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Proficient with MS Office Suite;
- Effective organizational skills coupled with the ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.