Our team is seeking an Environmental Waste Program Manager for the Palo Alto, CA area. This position is known internally as an InSite Program Manager leads and manages a team of employees in supporting the execution of a client’s environmental management program onsite. The InSite Program Manager serves as the client’s main point of contact and primary interface with Clean Harbors on a daily basis. They are responsible for and manage the client’s hazardous waste program.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive base salary with annual bonus programs available!
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- · Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Establish baseline audit protocol for all new waste programs; Communicate and document scope of compliance parameters for each Project location;
- Adhere to Health and Safety Practices of at all times while on site; Communicate H&S feedback with technical Services H&S efforts upon request, including data capture, site review, and delivery of training content if needed;
- Conduct facility wide compliance audits to include inspections of staging, accumulating and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance;
- Manage waste storage area and ensure that material is properly packaged, profiled and labeled prior to shipment;
- Overseeing and managing day to day productivity of a team of chemists and technicians onsite.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required (B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or Environmental Science preferred)
- 5+ years of environmental experience
- 5+ years of experience running a hazardous waste program
- Previous leadership/supervisory based experience (managing day-to-day, hiring, schedules, training, etc)
- Ability to develop and deliver training materials and programs related to environmental health, safety, and hazardous materials management
- Familiarity with regulatory status requirements of Small and Large Quantity Generators, such as RCRA, DOT etc.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
To learn more about our company visit us at www.cleanharbors.com
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company