Job ID: 140119
This position is responsible for the management and support of all mobile equipment for all business units within Cadillac Asphalt. This includes vendor management, repair and maintenance, CAPEX purchases, selling and transferring equipment along with permitting and licensing all over the road vehicles.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Maintain records of equipment and manage mobile equipment fleet
- Schedule/Assist/Manage all repair and maintenance of fleet. Coordinate with applicable business unit lead regarding schedule.
- Monitor all active warranties and/or service agreements for compliance.
- Prepare CAPEX budgets and research business unit needs
- Track and Report equipment operating and repair costs in Equipment Management software
- Establish equipment specifications for compliance at a local level as well as CRH level
- Communicate all equipment policies to ensure a safe and properly maintained fleet
- Assist in coordinating all necessary equipment training
- Acquire necessary licenses and permits for all on road vehicles and trailers
- Promote Safety
- Communicate with Greatlakes region and North Division regarding equipment best practices
- Vendor negotiations and agreements for leases, repairs, rentals, maintenance, ect. Ensure compliance with CRH RFP’s
- Manage equipment repair budget and provide detailed winter R&M action plan
- Oversee company mechanic
- Establish and Maintain relationships with equipment and service vendors
- Participate in regional and local best practice events
- Continuous improvement on safety features related to established fleet
- Actively participate with field crews to innovate and create better solutions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Computer Experience
- MS Office Suite 2016 or newer
- Understanding of Viewpoint or other Accounting software a plus
- Knowledge of Equipment Management Software
- Action Oriented
- Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Customer Focus
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the customers
- Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services
- Acts with customers in mind
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Business Acumen
- Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Priority Setting
- Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Process Management
- Good at figuring out the process necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Drive for Results
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be considered.
- Work may be performed in an office setting and outside on a job site or in a plant. Physical requirements include sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, twisting
- Work environments on job site may include rough, rocky or uneven terrain, outdoor conditions and possible mud or slick ground conditions. Outdoor activities may require lifting of no more than 25 lbs. without assistance and the use of tools such as wrenches and pneumatic tools.
- This position will work the majority of the time in an office setting but may also on limited occasions work outdoors on a job site and in a plant. Work environment will vary depending on job task.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Cadillac Asphalt is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.