Attention Mechanics! Auto, Diesel, Agricultural, Forklift and Heavy Equipment Mechanics are encouraged to apply. You don't want to miss out on this opportunity.
- Field position – Company service van provided and dispatched from home.
- Comprehensive benefit package.
- Interest free tool loans
- Incentive programs
- Sign-on Bonus available
- Paid training - Technician Career Development Program
To Learn more about our company, check on this video. Just copy and paste the link below into your browser
and visit our website at www.eqdepot.com
POSITION SUMMARY: Repairs and maintains electric, diesel, and gasoline industrial trucks and/or construction equipment by performing the following duties.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Reads work order and observes and listens to truck in operation to determine malfunction/diagnose problem(s)
- Offers solutions to meet customer specifications ; provides estimates when appropriate.
- Makes mechanical repairs to equipment after a complete inspection and analysis of breakdown has been completed.
- Records complete repair description on work order, including correct model and serial number of equipment and record hour meter reading.
- Obtains signature from customer and communicates with customer on repair needs, or work that was completed.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks and makes adjustments.
- Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired truck to verify conformance to specifications.
- Represents Equipment Depot to customers. Maintains professional image of self and cleanliness (externally and internally) of van at all times.
- Tracks and schedules with operations, or service manager when service van is due for routine maintenance or has other service-related issues.
- Works in a manner that protects customers, Equipment Depot, and the public.
- Returns paperwork to field service coordinator daily. Includes work orders, fuel receipts, sublet invoices, etc.
- Submits time cards by 9:00 a.m. daily. If technician is dispatched to a job from home, time must be called in and given to service administrator over the telephone by 9:00 a.m. daily.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Two years minimum related experience and/or training – and/or combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of internet software.
Certificates & Licenses: Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Language: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Math: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work environment varies from office to job site to industrial locations
OUR CORE VALUES
Passion to Perform – We are passionate to perform and focus on concrete achievements
Trust to Act – We are empowered to act, and act in a powerful way
Act Responsibly – We are responsible for our actions and the consequences they have for our stakeholders and our environment
Make it Fun! – We are serious about making work fun; it’s the way we do things