The Capital Equipment Sales Engineer will be responsible for selling interferometers, scropes, and films to new and exisiting customers of a leading components manufacturer. The role will cover the entire US territory and require approximately 50% travel.
Our client manufactures fiber-optic connectors and polishing systems that are sold across the medical, wireless, security, and data center industries. While the business has a global presence and is consistently growing, the business is located in the greater Boston area with a family-owned feel.
The Capital Equipment Sales Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Input into accountability for meeting the Equipment sales plan
- Maintain and have accountability for customer contact and sales data for the territory
- Coordination and cooperation for territory sales managers to jointly develop accounts
- Demonstration and training of equipment to customers in the field and employees internally
- Service, repair and maintenance of Equipment in the field
- Promote and selling laboratory testing thru Resolute Technologies
- Contribution to the development of necessary literature and promotional items
Applicants for the Capital Equipment Sales Engineer should possess the following qualifications:
- BA or technical degree or equivalent working experience
- Background in fiber optics, connectors, cable assemblies or similar electro-mechanical devices (i.e. interferometers)
- 3-5 years' experience in direct sales to OEM's, developing territories, and new business
- Must be comfortable with the termination procedure, ability to cut fiber and polish machines listed above.
- Ability to travel (50%)
- Proficient with MS Office
- Knowledge of MAS500 a plus
- Competitve base salary
- Profit sharing
- Great work environment!