Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking an Escrow Assistant I for a 12+ month contract opportunity in Seattle, WA with our partner, the nation's largest title insurance company through its title insurance underwriters.
Prior to Closing
- Order payoffs and final utilities for files; verify payoffs match title commitments.
- Handle all file requirements prior to closing, including but not limited to liens, judgments, and bankruptcy requirements
- Obtain most past and present tax information; ensure current taxes have not been paid.
- Order and follow-up on HOA letters, bylaws, financials, and irrigation.
- Obtain commission information on the real estate agents involved in the transaction.
- Disburse files and verify receipt and accuracy of wires.
- Prepare Power of Attorneys and Quit Claim Deeds when necessary.
- Maintain communication with the Escrow Officer regarding status of the file.
- Handle walk-ins or phone calls when Escrow Officer is unavailable.
- Help other assistants and fill in as receptionist as needed.
- Assist with entering figures from lender.
- Assist with printing documents for closing.
- Print checks for closing.
- Assist with faxing figures to lenders/Realtors.
- Clean out file for shipping of loan package, recordings, follow-up on any money held in escrow, etc.
- Prepare closed out file for scanning.
- Employee is required to talk and hear, and use hands to finger keyboard, telephone, and handle other objects.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, sit and reach with hands and arms.
- This is a 12+ month contract.
- The hours are Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
- 1 - 3 years experience required; EEscrow experience required; Impact experience preferred.
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.