Prepare and submit project submittals required per the contract documents. Review, understand, and execute the project plans for errors, potential cost saving measures, and potential construction logistic issues. Preparation of project budgets and bids using HCSS Heavy Bid & Heavy Job software. Upon notice of low bid, the Successful Candidates will be able to move the Heavy Bid cost budget to Heavy Job softw
Leading North Texas Construction Company with over 100 years of combined experience in the construction industry. Specializing in the areas of Public Works for roads, streets, utility installations, site excavation, and complete residential subdivision site work.
- Formulate, push, and maintain the schedule on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Attend monthly or weekly Owner-Contractor construction meetings to discuss progress schedules, changes to the contract, which either the Contractor, or Engineer generated and discuss relevant issues with Owners/Engineers
- Inform the Consultant-Client-Owner of any design errors, discrepancies, or omissions contained within the Project Engineers design drawings.
- Communicate with design teams/clients as well as effectively lead the field trades, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 6-8 years of experience as a Project Manager on Public Works Roadway Projects with a strong emphasis on underground utilities and all site-work preparation for private commercial projects.
- Must have a strong understanding of construction terms, methods, scheduling, and project planning concepts.
- Must be proficient in most Microsoft Office programs, including, but not limited to Microsoft Project.
- A firm background in Primavera P-6 is strongly encouraged.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills highly recommended. Some working knowledge, and proficiency, in HCSS Heavy Bid and Heavy Job software is a necessity.
- Education: A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and/or a Construction Management or Construction Science degree in a related field preferred. Associate's Degree in Business Management with considerable Construction experience may be considered in lieu of a 4 year degree.
Bi-Lingual is a plus but not mandatory
Competitive salary, Paid Health Insurance Allowance, 401K, Employee Owned Stock Option Plan, Auto Allowance, and paid gas card.
A generous bonus plan and a salary review after the first 90 days, and training opportunities for professional development.