With offices serving all of Southern California, TekWorks employs over 200 talented and committed professionals dedicated to custom-crafting and installing technology solutions for companies requiring Network Cabling, Data Center, Outside Plant, Fiber Optics, Audio Visual, Physical Security, and Network Services.
TekWorks handles every phase of a project. From conceptualization, through design and engineering, to installation and programming, we become the single point of contact.
We are currently seeking an experienced Structured Cabling Estimator. Must be detail oriented, have the ability to meet deadlines, work in a very fast paced environment, and possess excellent customer service skills.
Responsibilities and duties will include but are not limited to:
- Prepare cost estimates for commercial and industrial building projects for privately funded projects.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments and/or management to discuss and formulate estimates.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Perform project walkthroughs, when necessary, for new projects in the sales and bidding process
- Interact with potential customers via meetings, telephone and/or email for design and proposal review
- Continually utilize training resources to increase industry and technical product knowledge
Requirements and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years directly related structured cabling estimating experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must have excellent negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Possess a solid understanding of business mathematics.
- Ability to remain calm and use sound judgment when addressing potentially volatile issues.
- Ability to operate as part of a team.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on keyboard; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.