Looking for a Heavy Civil Estimator with $10-100m project experience
Leading General Contractor
- Identify scope of work and perform quantity takeoff from RFQ information for heavy civil construction projects.
- Review available plans and specifications to make sure estimate effort is in compliance.
- Perform conceptual estimates at times when detailed design information is not yet available.
- Solicit pricing from material vendors and subcontractors.
- Coordinate with other team members to develop overall estimate on larger projects.
- Ensure compliance with company standards risks and client requirements.
- Work with in-house design team to ensure estimated construction methods and schemes to perform the work are safe, workable and efficient.
- Ensure estimates are complete, well organized, and ready for review by the estimating project team.
- Develop project schedules to ensure projects can be completed to meet owner requirements and that company resources are used efficiently.
- Ensure estimates address all potential safety risks and concerns.
- Develop innovative means and methods for completing projects to increase competitiveness and margins.
- Prepare proposals when necessary, and include information to document the basis of proposal.
- Maintain base bid documents and organize estimate information.
- Coordinate with the operations team on successful bids to provide a thorough transition to the project team.
- 5+ years of estimating heavy civil projects.
- Bridge/heavy civil dam, concrete, steel, pile driving, coffer dam experience required.
- Ability to estimate other areas (structural, civil, etc) on smaller projects is a plus.
- Requires strong computer skills, familiarity with scheduling and estimating software (HCSS) and MS Office.
- Engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training or experience
Excellent salary and benefits package