Paragon Events, Inc. is seeking a creative, organized, and self-starter looking to grow his or her career in the events industry. Whether you’re planning a general session at a global summit for 1,200 attendees or creating a VIP custom-themed dinner for c-suite executives, the event coordinator will support Event Specialists and Event Managers will all aspects of the event planning process and execution. With an opportunity to travel, you will support corporate events ranging across a multitude of industries including but not limited to environmental, healthcare, government, medical, financial, technology and more. As an integral member of the evens team, you will report directly to the Manager of Meetings & Events and President & CEO.
Core responsibilities include but not limited to:
- On-site event support
- Registration management
- Vendor and client communication
- Building event budgets
- Creating event timelines
- Hotel room blocking and site-visits
- Event billing and financial management
- Research for event décor, entertainment and activities
The successful candidate possesses:
- One (1) to two (2) years experience as an event assistant / coordinator or successfully completed Paragon Internship program
- 4-yr degree preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent written, spelling and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and able to adjust within a fast-paced work environment
- Up-to-date passport and is comfortable traveling domestically and internationally.
- Familiarity and passion for events industry
- You are a proactive self-starter.
- You are resourceful and not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- You are team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners.
- You have a hunger to learn new trends and skills to grow within the industry and company.
- You are an avid user of your left and right brain. If you live and breathe events, then we want to talk to you.