ABSOLUTELY NO RECRUITERS
Community Foundation of Broward’s Events and Marketing Communications Manager is a natural born leader with a wide array of skills. The ideal candidate is – first and foremost - an experienced events manager with an eye for detail and the ability to think strategically and creatively. This individual must also have a deep understanding of marketing and communications strategies and tactics that will support and enhance the Foundation’s brand and strategic goals. In addition, she/he will have experience creating and managing web strategy and large website projects.
This may seem like an unusual combination of skills and experience, because it is. Our marketing and communications department is small – but mighty! This means every person on our team uses every skill she/he has to ensure everything we do has significant impact.
The Events and Marketing Communications Manager will spend approximately 60% of his/her time creating and executing flawless and amazing events. Every person attending a Foundation event leaves feeling informed, engaged and connected, but most of all they feel appreciated. Our attention to detail makes all the difference.
The individual in this position must have proven experience managing large complex projects on time and on budget. Understanding the ins and outs of working with the media is also important. This person will help us expand our earned media exposure.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to use every one of their leadership, strategic thinking, writing, creative and communication skills in a way that dramatically influences how the Foundation is perceived by our key audiences and our community.
As if that wasn’t exciting enough, this opportunity is located on beautiful Las Olas Boulevard, only a few miles from Fort Lauderdale Beach. We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and a full benefits package.
So, are you…
- Someone who loves creating and managing major events that leave attendees delighted?
- A details person who understands that little things make a difference?
- An idea person who is always looking for new and innovative ways to accomplish goals?
- Able to effectively communicate why your audience should care?
- An expert at managing large and complex projects with ease?
- Open to constructive feedback, and patient enough to deliver the best possible results?
- A solid writer and an effective storyteller?
If you answered yes to all the above questions please keep reading.
- Lead and execute more than 10 special events each year, including the Foundation’s two large signature events - the annual Community Builders Celebration and Legacy Society Luncheon - others include quarterly Food for Thought events, Professional Advisors Council meetings, the Annual Tax and Estate Seminar, town hall meetings, and other special events and activities throughout the year
- Develop clear goals for each event, which will be used to measure success, in conjunction with a partnering department
- Develop effective strategies and manage detailed timelines and checklists to ensure all things happen on time and on budget, while ensuring each event is flawless
- Develop creative event themes that delight our stakeholders and support the Foundation’s values, core messages and strategic goals
- Lead and coordinate all event logistics, including but not limited to: mailing lists, invitations, printed materials, signage, gifts, décor, food and drink, transportation, parking, registration, photography, A/V, presentation slides, scripts, run-of-show, keynote speakers, staff assignments, pre-event briefings and post-event surveys
- Develop strategies to inform, empower and connect our stakeholders with the work of the Foundation and the big issues that affect our community
- Ensure that communication with stakeholders is clear, impactful and consistent
- Develop and execute a media relations strategy that leverages close working relationships with key media to place stories that further the mission of the Foundation, provide recognition for our stakeholders and educate targeted audiences about the challenges we are tackling in our community
- Establish a speakers’ bureau and identify opportunities where Foundation leadership, Board members and staff can speak/present to key audiences or serve as expert sources
- Remain up to date on local and national current events of importance to the Foundation and leverage that knowledge to make all communications and marketing efforts timely and relevant
- Write/edit copy to tell stories in a way that engages stakeholders, enhances the Foundation brand and builds trust within the community
- Consult with Foundation departments to bring out the best in their internal and external communications
- Web Strategy
- Create an overarching web strategy that meets the needs of our stakeholders, increases staff efficiency and defines procedures for keeping content fresh and engaging
- Lead the development of a website that enhances the Foundation’s brand and reflects a sophisticated, trusted and strong organization that enables stakeholders to have a positive impact on our community
- Develop processes to keep your finger on the pulse of our organization so that our website is always up to date
- Develop tools and features that provide additional value to stakeholders, reinforce the Foundation’s core messages and encourage two-way communication and engagement
- Create communications training sessions for Foundation staff, including but not limited to making great presentations, effective use of social media, communications guidelines and best practices
- Manage freelance photographers, designers, videographers, etc.
- Lead special projects from concept to delivery
- Identify new opportunities to refine marketing and communications strategies, employ better tools/vehicles, and explore new approaches to increase the impact of our marketing and communications effortsJob QualificationsThe Events and Marketing Communications Manager must…
- Have a minimum of five years professional experience in an agency or large organization, with documented event management experience AND a background in the development and execution of marketing communications and web strategies
- Have a four-year degree in marketing, communications, hospitality or a related field
- Think strategically, take initiative and possess great attention to detail
- Be a proven idea generator who is always looking for ways to improve the organization and seize opportunities to inform, empower and connect with our stakeholders
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor, initiative, confidence, creativity, the ability to set priorities in a dynamic environment with commitment to continuous improvement
- Demonstrate exceptional oral and written communications skills, with the ability to understand an audience and demonstrate our value proposition
- Possess a sense of urgency, along with the ability to work within tight deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Develop clear and measurable goals for all projects and meet them
- Be fully-committed to the Foundation’s values
- Write effective and engaging content
- Have a charismatic personality and the ability to engage professionally and effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Be available to work occasional nights and weekends to meet important deadlines and execute events
- Be able to effectively lead teams with members from various Foundation departments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, basic photography and basic graphic design a plus