OPERATING ENGINEER JOB POST
Precision Site Development is a privately owned and operated Commercial Excavation, Site Development and Utility Construction Company dedicated to constructing precise and quality commercial sites and utilities. Our services include excavating, site utilities, earthwork, land grading, site demolition and complete site development. We employ an experienced and versatile team that is dedicated to identifying and fulfilling the clients need for quality earthwork and utilities completed on schedule, safely and within a given budget.
An Operating Engineer is responsible for running and operating multiple types and pieces of heavy excavating equipment including but not limited to: Excavators, Finish Dozers, Large Dozers, Track Loaders, Backhoe Loaders, Compact Track Loaders and Mini-Excavators, while adhering to established processes for completion of day-to day project activities and using safe work practices. Eligible candidates will actively work with project teams to meet and exceed client expectations.
Key performance objectives in order of priority are:
- Operating multiple types of heavy equipment for earthmoving and excavation activities
- Ability to install and fit many types of pipework and underground utilities
- Extensive knowledge and experience reading civil drawings and blue prints
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of civil layout, grade and elevations
- General understanding of mechanical functions and maintenance of heavy equipment and diesel engines.
- Communicating and monitoring safe work practices in an environment with zero recordable incidents or violations of the established safety policies and regulations.
- Appling understanding of project requirements and construction documents to accurately complete projects to specifications and clients expectations.
The Operating Engineer position requires the ability to work in a demanding environment that requires physical health, good judgment and above average hand eye coordination.The ability to adapt to change and be personally accountable are very important in this role.
Minimal requirements include:
- Completion of an approved Operating Engineering Course or a minimum of 5 years of experience in heavy equipment operation
- Ability to read & understand layout staking in order to fine grade and shape slopes of soils and aggregates using multiple sizes and types of dozers.
- Ability to operate multiple sizes of excavators to excavate utility trenches on the designed grade while using trench protection and boxes as needed.
- Excellent blueprint and specification reading ability
- Knowledge of construction civil and geotechnical engineering and layout
Additional Preferred Skills include:
- OSHA 10 or 30 Hr Training
- Trenching and Excavation Certification
- Class A CDL
Please submit resume to email@example.comHelp