RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce is working with a well-known (household name), innovative (startup culture) financial services firm, that is seeking an Exchange Engineer and Messaging in New York, New York (NY).
As a member of the Innovations and Infrastructure team at this firm, you will work with a group of talented individuals in a highly team-oriented environment to create the next generation of innovative solutions for this firm and the financial community at large.
The ideal candidate has worked extensively with a range of messaging services and heavily involved in design and implementation of global communications platform. The Messaging and Exchange engineer is responsible for technical design, implementation, and operational support across firm's Messaging and Directory Services infrastructure. You will be responsible for contributing to a program of change including the creation of ongoing framework of global standards in support of the company's business and technical goals.
- Contribute to workflow across change requests, documentation, ticketing, and meeting facilitation
- Efficiently troubleshoot/prioritize issues and create a culture of root cause analysis
- Responsible for configuration, management, and support of global Messaging and Directory Services infrastructure with careful regard to availability, connectivity, performance, and security
- Provide escalation support to the IT Service Desk / Desktop support teams
- Architect and implement automation ensuring a consistent and reliable environment
- Coordinate vendor escalations by acting as a bridge between the vendor's engineering resources and the client
- Continuously move client forward by researching new and emerging technologies
- Participate and oversee efforts in audits related to Messaging and Directory Services infrastructure
- Expertise in designing, configuring, supporting and maintaining Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, or 2016 and Office 365
- Experience with electronic communication capturing (Smarsh, Antiacne, Global Relay, etc.)
- Experience with cloud-based spam gateways (Message labs, Proofpoint, etc.)
- Experience with MDM systems and the ability to architect / troubleshoot MobileIron, BlackBerry, etc.
- Complete understanding of Exchange architecture and all components (hub transports, edge servers, DAGs, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise email services and all related sub-systems (email archive and journaling via Enterprise Vault, OWA, mailbox migrations, etc.)
- Excellent PowerShell skills to manage and automate all functions of Exchange
- Understanding of Lync / Skype for Business topology and ability to architect / troubleshoot the environment
- Knowledge of Exchange Web Services and application integration
- Mastery of communication protocols including SMTP, MAPI, HTTP
Required Directory Services:
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Active Directory infrastructure and all related services (DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Proficient with Windows Server 2008R2/2012 system administration
- Understanding of Group Policy, Certificate Authority, and Authentication protocols (Kerberos/NTLM)
- Understanding of Identity Management Services
- Excellent PowerShell skills to manage and automate Active Directory and related service
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.