Job Category: Office / Clerical / Administrative
Executive Administrative Assistant III
Location: Indianapolis, IN, office (Monument Circle)
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Performs a variety of support functions to the Executive Vice President and President, Government Business Division (GBD) and the Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing & Consumer Officer. This Executive Administrative Assistant will be responsible for working closely with, and managing the offices of, these 2 Executive Leadership Team (ELT) members. This is an important and visible position both internally and externally. The successful candidate will need to be capable of performing advanced, diversified and confidential administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge of the organization and its policies and practices.
Serves as an intermediary between the EVP’s and management, as well as customers and associates. Provides superior quality outcomes by taking ownership of administrative services to ensure quality work; handles more complex administrative duties; conducts research to assist executive with inquiries or issues; demonstrates full competence in own area of work, including excellent organizational skills; makes significant contribution to work team; works without significant guidance.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Acts as the administrative point of contact between the executives and internal and external clients, while upholding a strict level of confidentiality.
- Performs advanced and diversified administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive skills and knowledge of organization policies and procedures; makes significant contributions to the broader work teams.
- Determines priorities and monitors the status of projects; produces reports, presentations and briefs.
- Schedules and prepares agenda for regular and special meetings, manages logistics, and compiles various reports and analyses; arranges corporate events to take place outside of the work place, including fund-raising and staff appreciation events.
- Schedules meetings and appointments and manages travel itineraries; reconciles expense reports.
- Coordinates executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails, routing correspondence and interfacing with clients; maintains the daily appointment calendar and an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Prepares internal and external corporate documents for team members and industry partners.
- Makes travel arrangements, coordinates meetings and conferences and follows through to confirm accurate booking, meeting details, and successful completion.
- Applies understanding of corporate policies including marketing standards.
- May provide direction and/or oversee other department administrative/clerical associates; may assist with training of staff.
- Requires GED/HS diploma.
- Experience working in a large (Fortune 500) company.
- 10 years of demonstrated success in providing administrative support to executives or any combination of education and experience which provide an equivalent background.
- Complete comprehension of office management systems and procedures; strong keyboarding skills with a proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills; ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent customer relation and organizational skills as well as solid understanding of office practices and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.