Performs advanced administrative support to Vice President, Corporate Controller and team. Work is of a confidential nature requiring a broad understanding of company policies and practices with a focus on understanding of financial reporting.
- Assists Corporate Controller and team by providing administrative support. Facilitates communication flow between the Corporate Controller and his/her colleagues and subordinates. Handles sensitive and highly confidential information pertaining to Cabot’s operations.
- Collects, assembles and summarizes information from various sources, prepares reports, graphics, agendas. Determines methods of research and presentation of information
- Processes, types and responds to correspondence as appropriate. Reviews/proofreads/corrects all documents requiring executive’s signature, such as correspondence, legal and financial documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with company policy. May monitor executive’s e-mail to assist with mail management and flag action items that need immediate response.
- May maintain Controller’s team Hub Site and run standard and ad-hoc reports as needed including financial reporting such as metrics, government reports, functional business unit reports and others.
- Proofreads presentations and manages information uploads to Cabot’s Board (Audit Committee) portal.
- Periodically coordinates travel arrangements for the team and for incoming visitors; coordinate itineraries with other travelers; research and obtain foreign travel materials such as updated passport, entry visas, foreign currency, travel/custom tips.
- Makes appointments, detailed arrangements for telephone and videoconferences and other events. Manages a significant number of quarterly meetings for the Controller’s team as well as many ongoing update meetings for the Controller with direct or indirect reports.
- Follows up on administrative details with others to ensure requests for information are submitted on time. May coordinate projects or on-going programs, following up with participants on details and deadlines.
- Answers telephone and inquiries as appropriate or routes to others. Interfaces with members of top management across the company as well as external parties.
- Modifies or develops administrative procedures. May provide leadership to other administrative staff.
- Assist with proofreading press releases and company filings.
- Assist with corporate site’s expense report and ProCard audits.
- Enter corporate budget entry data into ERP system.
- Sets up and maintains files; maintains department office supply inventory; places orders as needed and arranges for payment.
- Perform monthly administrative activities in the consolidation reporting system.
- Facilitates the team’s interface with Purchasing by entering purchase requisitions for services to be contracted, monitoring the status of approvals and assisting with filing of related invoices
Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001® technical specification, as applicable to the site/region
- Extensive knowledge of secretarial, administrative, office practices and techniques. Knowledge of Cabot’s policies and procedures.
- Speaking ability in English and/or other language(s) may be required depending on location.
- Skilled in the use of office equipment and related software packages, including spreadsheets (MS Excel), databases, and presentations (MS Word and MS Powerpoint). Ability to learn other systems such as those used for financial analysis (OBI) and J.D. Edwards in order to support the ongoing activities of the team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interface with internal managers and employees at all levels as well as senior-level external parties. Position requires a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Organization skills. Ability to keep track of multiple details and establishing priorities.
- Accuracy / attention to detail.
- Knowledge of financial reporting.
- Secondary education required; post-secondary training (certificate program) preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive secretarial/administrative experience
About the Company
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel and elastomer composites.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.