We’re looking for an Amazing Strategic Assistant/Executive Assistant who strives for excellence, does whatever it takes to achieve a fantastic result, sees no limit to their growth, and of course, has the skills listed below to be a kick-buttStrategic Assistant. Check out the requirements below and send us a resume and cover letter (please include billing rate) demonstrating how you’ll use your energy, experience and diverse skills to support a dynamic, busy, and successful entrepreneur.
Note: This is a 1099 contractor agreement, with 50% or more of the work occurring virtually, and a somewhat flexible schedule.
About the client:
Our client is a highly skilled business coach and facilitator whose passion is helping entrepreneurs get what they want from their business. He teaches leadership teams of successful companies a proprietary operating system for running their business. As a result of this operating system, business owners are able to clarify, simplify and achieve their vision and leadership teams systematically and permanently improve getting to the place where the entire organization is focused, engaged, sharing a common vision, disciplined, accountable, executing well and advancing as a healthy, functional, cohesive team! Businessesachieve more revenue, growth and profit while delivering a better balance of life to the business owners and leaders.
In addition to teaching his clients the proprietary business operating system, the client runs his own business on this system. This creates an excellent working environment enabling a healthy, smooth, and highly functioning business, free of the typical dysfunction and disorganization that many businesses experience.Client is very driven, highly motivated, and passionate about his work. The business is fast-paced (but not high stress) and continually growing guided by a clear vision, well-defined goals, and supported by strong core values. As the client is a coach and facilitator by nature, you will enjoy a supportive environment with excellent communication, where success is encouraged and nurtured, and learning and development is fostered. In this growing company, there is lots of potential for growth and upward movementwhere team members can increase their contributions and benefit from the success of the business.Our client is located in a modern office suite in the innovative and multi-faceted North Hills district of Raleigh, NC.
The ideal strategic assistant is hard working, enthusiastic, is invested in the success of the business and has an ownership attitude. You don’t require a lot of guidance -- you can figure out what needs to be done. You ask questions and get the information you need and then you run with it bringing back a great solution or an amazing project plan. You worry less about your job description and more about doing whatever it takes for the good of the team. You love stretch tasks that teach you new ways of doing while implementing new solutions or coming up with creative ideas. You can follow a process to a T yet you also recognize where it needs improved to increase efficiency or quality and you make those changes right away. When your client has a new project, you can plan out all the steps,indicating when things should get done, who should do them, and how you will stay on top of it ensuring nothing falls through the cracks. You are the type of person that everyone wants on their team, and you wow your colleagues with everything you do. you make sure everything gets done and stays on track ensuring all reas of the business are running smoothly, the customers are thrilled, and your client can rest easy at night. You are passionate about life: thrilled to share your gifts, work with amazing people, and have a powerful impact on the world.
Potential Assistants must:
- Have at least 5 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant, Office Manager OR other professional employment.
- Have your own reliable computer (Mac preferred) with web camera and antivirus software, high-speed wireless internet, smart phone, and quiet working space free of distractions.
- Have a current version of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Be amazing at what you do -- no matter what your level of education; a bachelor’s degree is great but not required if you do amazing work.
- Successfully complete several skills assessments during the interview process.
- Provide 3 glowing references upon request.
As a VEA your main goal will be to fullysupport this client with all the administrative tasks of running the business as well as some personal tasks, allowing him to focus his time and energy on his “Unique Ability” (what he loves to do and is great at.) As a VEA, you recognize your own Unique Ability reflected in this position description and the tasks below to create a winning combination.
- General administrative and office support
- Calendar management (own the schedule according to specific criteria)
- Email management (organized to highlight action items, guaranteed client response with 24 hours or less)
- Client communication (email and occasional phone in a friendly, helpful, professional style)
- Management of client engagement and maintenance process
- Support business development process
- Vendor management as needed
- Document creation and editing and image creation
- Presentation assistance (create slides, proofread, etc.)
- Research and information gathering, making recommendations as needed
- Creating systems and processes for efficiency and ensuring they are followed by all (using asana.com)
- Managing and overseeing project tasks
- Expense management and client invoicing via Quickbooks
- Document/file system organization and maintenance
- Travel arrangements and meeting logistics
- Ordering supplies and materials and monitoring inventory
- Meeting preparation
- Other additional duties as needed and agreed upon
In office tasks/errands:
- Room setup (whiteboard prep, layout materials, prepping snacks)
- Filing and organizing
- Clean up as needed (wash tumblers, push in chairs, wipe whiteboards, etc.)
- Printing materials
- Processing and monitoring inventory
- Unboxing, stocking inventory
- Shipping items
- Picking up print orders
- Misc errands as needed
This is a flexible, 30-40 hours per week position, with the majority of the work occurring virtually (from your home or your preferred location). There will be up to 15 hours per week in-office or occasional running of errands (sometimes occurring every weekday; at whatever time you prefer).
Some of the work may be completed at any time of day as long as deadlines are met. Assistant must be available for a 1.5 hour weekly meeting on Monday mornings (virtual, via web conference) as well as short daily check-in calls. Assistant must be accessible via phone and/or text within the hours of 8-5:30 EST.
Required skills and qualities:
- Core values in alignment with the company values: open and honest, respectful confidence, personal integrity, continual growth, desire to help
- Ownership attitude, committed to success, passionate about your work
- Self-motivated, proactive, resourceful, and efficient
- Problem-solver who loves to learn new programs and skills
- Able to implement and follow systems and processes
- Tech-savvy, user of productivity apps, and able to find online solutions
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Office Suite
- Experienced with Asana (or equivalent: Basecamp, Trello, Nozbe, etc.)
- Experienced with google apps
- Experienced with social media
- Experienced with Quickbooks (or equivalent: Xpenditure, Expensify, etc.)
- Experience creating images using Canva (or equivalent: Photoshop, Gimp, Photofy, etc.)
- Experienced in any of the following: website editing, project management, CRM administration, social media or accounting
- High attention to detail and organized
- Energetic and driven
- Highly responsive with excellent follow-through and follow-up
- Professional, respectful, positive, and persevering
- Enjoys helping others and learning from others
- High fact-finding and great at gathering and presenting information
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Previously worked from home, in a flexible work environment or with a flexible schedule.
Send resume and cover letter (include billing rate) firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp.
To be considered, send resume, cover letter (and include billing rate) to email@example.comHelp We only engage with AWESOME assistants. To ensure that, our application and interview process is rigorous and takes time. We know you will value our commitment to quality and trust you will enjoy the process. We’re excited to meet you and talk about partnering for our clients’ success as well as yours!
This is a request for services from a 1099 contractor.Prior to a contract being issued, all applicants may be subject to a background check.