Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, a national law firm, has an opening for an Executive Assistant in its Oakland headquarters. The position will support the Executive Director, Chief Accounting Officer and the Director of Finance. Responsibilities include:
- Serves as the assistant to the Executive Director, Chief Accounting Officer and Director of Finance.
- Coordinates the firm’s non-benefit insurance programs (professional liability, commercial insurance, workers compensation, etc.). Calendaring and tracking renewal dates, alerting when new offices open and initiate claims when needed.
- Prepares for the distribution of partner materials for use at retreats, in committee meetings and new partner orientations.
- Coordinates with the firm’s accountants and Chief Accounting Officer on the filing and payment of partnership taxes.
- Maintains master files for firm office leases. Keeps track of dates related to renewals, expirations, etc.
- Assists with business compliance of firm’s various offices at the local and state level (submissions through BizFiling, tracking business licenses, calendaring and tracking renewal dates, filing annual reports and other needs).
- Makes travel arrangements and processes expense reimbursements through Chrome River.
- Demonstrates good communication skills (written and verbal) and a command of the English language, including proper use of spelling and grammar.
- Coordinates and communicates with parties outside the firm such as clients, contractors and vendors as well as attorneys, secretaries, paralegals, case assistants, managers and other staff in-house.
- Other duties as assigned.
An Associates’ Degree in accounting, legal studies or business administration and a minimum of three (3) years of work experience in a law firm or other professional office is preferred but not required. Comparable work experience may be substituted for the education requirement. Working knowledge of the following programs is preferred: Microsoft Office 2010: Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Power PDF Advanced, and/or PDF Converter Enterprise; iManage (Filesite) or related database management system; Aderant Expert or related accounting modules; Intapp Time and Chrome River. The ability to work under stress and multitask is essential.
Please submit cover letter and resume to this job posting, with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. No recruiter or telephone calls please.
Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani LLP is an equal opportunity employer.