The Henry L. Stimson Center
Executive Assistant, Office of the President & CEO
The Henry L. Stimson Center seeks a dynamic, organized, and detail-oriented administrative and research professional to support the President & CEO. The Executive Assistant will perform administrative duties to smooth the way for the President & CEO to most effectively meet the organization's programmatic and strategic goals. The ideal candidate is an energetic, proactive, and a creative problem-solver who juggles multiple priorities with ease, has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and exhibits personal responsibility and accountability and a great work ethic.
The Stimson Center is a nonpartisan policy research center working to solve the world’s greatest threats to security and prosperity. Think of a modern global challenge: refugee flows, arms trafficking, terrorism. These threats cannot be resolved by a single government, individual, or business. Stimson’s award-winning research serves as a roadmap to address borderless threats through collective action. Our formula is simple: we gather the brightest people to think beyond soundbites, create solutions, and make those solutions a reality. We follow the credo of one of history’s leading statesman, Henry L. Stimson in taking, “pragmatic steps toward ideal objectives.” We are practical in our approach and independent in our analysis. Our innovative ideas change the world.
- Maintain President & CEO’s schedule and calendar of events and deadlines;
- Coordinate travel arrangements;
- Prepare agendas, memos, reports and correspondence related to C-Suite activities including Board meetings, new project initiatives, and others as required;
- Provide logistics for both internal and teleconference meetings, including securing the meeting site, preparing and distributing materials, ordering catering, providing refreshments, and serving as the notetaker. Ensure that appropriate follow-up occurs to phone calls and meetings;
- Serve as the administrative liaison to the Board of Directors;
- Plan and organize meetings of the Board of Directors and its committees including preparation of meeting materials, correspondence, catering, meeting logistics, and note taking;
- Research, perform analysis, and provide background and support to the President & CEO for a diverse range of institutional needs;
- Support Director of Development as needed for Board engagement, and cultivation tasks;
- Assist with Stimson event planning and logistics including Chairman’s Forum, VIP functions, fundraisers, and others;
- Prepare and submit monthly expense reports; and
- Assist as needed and perform other duties as may be required.
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and schedule work activities while managing time efficiently. Ability to follow instructions as may be directed, but capacity to self-manage;
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and an ability to respond to requests quickly;
- An innovative spirit, a way with people, a calm-under-pressure and flexible approach when things move quickly;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency in grammar, editing and proofreading;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and manage relationships with all staff, Board of Directors, donors, and others within the Stimson community;
- An interest in researching and developing solutions to the grand transnational challenges of our time;
- Willingness to solicit and impart feedback to improve processes;
- Accountability, professionalism, and commitment to excellence; and
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and academic/foreign policy research.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a field that makes you prepared to be an important member of the team;
- Work experience, at least two years and/or life experience that is in line with the nature of the job.
Submit a cover letter, resume, short writing sample, and salary requirements saved in a single PDF document using the link below.