HallKeen Assisted Living seeks a qualified, motivated, and experienced Executive Director to oversee a community in the Boston Market.
The Executive Director is responsible for leading the day-to-day operations, including full P&L responsibility and Marketing the community. The Executive Director plans, implements, and evaluates all aspects of operations. This includes recruiting and training all new team members.
This role supervises employees in order to create and maintain a positive, supportive and highly functioning team environment. This position must maintain high occupancy, financial performance to meet or exceed budget, high customer satisfaction and ensure a quality-oriented workforce. The Executive Director must comply with all local, state, and federal regulations and must focus on creating a safe working and living environment.
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the position to be completed with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
- Lead the development and implementation of all strategies and tactics for the community consistent with HallKeen Assisted Living corporate objectives. Regularly communicate performance and issues with the Regional and/or Divisional support team. .
- Develop and implement successful strategies regarding labor, occupancy, mix, expenses, and quality of services, and review and redirect activity, if necessary.
- Insure adherence to the Resident’s Bill of Rights.
- Interview, hire, orient, train, supervise, lead, and evaluate staff.
- Constantly assess resident needs in relation to staff needs as a basis for determining priorities in designing an ongoing evaluation program.
- Comply with all aspects of operation, including personnel practices, in accordance with HallKeen Assisted Living and HallKeen Management policies, as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
- Assist in the development of operational budgets and capital requirements, including forecasting and approving all expenses.
- Partner in the development of quarterly marketing strategies and semi-annual competitive analyses .
- Attend weekly conference call for community sales analysis and operations support, and complete weekly community performance reports.
- Complete community’s month-end financials and required set of monthly financial reports.
- Attend regional or divisional quarterly meetings.
- Act as liaison between field operations and corporate. Builds strong relationships with corporate resources.
- Responsible for all marketing and outreach for the property.
- Is active in local community activities. Establishes networks and resources for resident referrals.
- Performs regular reviews of and makes recommendations on all aspects of building construction and preventative maintenance.
- Able to work in various positions at community and willing to fill in as needed.
- Builds a high performing team and keeps morale high.
- Meets financial management requirements for the community.
- Maintains safe working and living environment.
- Performs scheduled marketing activities, resulting in increased census.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Motivates management team.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, healthcare administration, or related subject is required. Or an associates degree with relevant experience
- Two – five years’ experience in operations management as Executive Director, Assistant Executive Director, Business Office,manager, sales manager, or Resident Care Director with demonstrated success in meeting financial goals specific to retirement living, assisted living, long term care, or related fields such as hospitality.
- Experience with Dementia services and dementia related behaviors
- Solid performance management skills, including the ability to communicate performance expectations, document performance conversations, coach and document performance issues, and complete performance management expectations as guided by the company.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word.
If you are interested in applying please send resume and salary requirements to Rodney Denman at RDenman@hallkeen.comHelp