The Executive Vice President will lead Cotton’s commercial global disaster recovery solutions, construction and roofing businesses in the greater Houston area and is responsible for continued growth and success with an emphasis on increasing market share while overseeing sales, business development, warehouse operations and potential merger and acquisition activities.
- Major Responsibilities
- Drive implementation and execution of short and long-term business plans and strategies resulting in continued increases in revenue.
- Lead and manage the day-to-day operations for the greater Houston area to maximize performance, while promoting Cotton’s culture and vision.
- Planning, coordination and implementation of the annual operating and capital budget process.
- Build and foster an environment of excellence by assessing current talent and developing a high-performing team while establishing clear direction of responsibilities, objectives and goals that maintain an ongoing focus on business development, growth and superior customer service.
- Support the development of collaborative relationships and an environment of open communication that stimulates a team-oriented atmosphere to solve problems and identify new business opportunities.
- Ensure strict adherence and compliance to Cotton’s safety culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
III. Background Requirements:
Bachelor’s in Business, Sales, Marketing, or related field.
- Ten plus years of senior (Vice President or above) P&L leadership experience in a service-oriented industry with revenue of $30 - $40MM or more and employee base of 50-100 employees.
- Leadership experience in commercial; disaster recovery, construction and roofing preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in strategic planning, business management and development, data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Experience with in-depth analytics, problem solving, decision making while being detail and execution-oriented and success in managing competing priorities.
- Able to collaboratively work with others in achieving desired results.
- Proven and effective verbal, written and interpersonal abilities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent business acumen and be able to react quickly and effectively to changing circumstances.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- A high skill level in forecasting business plan and meeting budgets and goals set for a department.
- Strong focus on execution and able to work as part of a team.
- Strategic mindset with practical orientation.
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested.