Executive Vice President New Home Construction
The EVP New Home Construction leads, develops and manages all aspects of new home construction while ensuring budgeted and financial project goals are met or exceeded.
Job Location: Katy, Texas
- Responsible for achieving business objectives, meeting customer commitments, and completing new home construction on time within budget and quality standards.
- Design, implement and support programs that will ensure the highest quality end product is achieved while meeting and/or exceeding target financial goals.
- Prepare and/or manage and operate within approved budgets established for new home Construction Operations. Monitor and protect company assets.
- Oversee the estimated job cost projection, general bid, pricing update, contracts and purchase order processes as directed by company policy and management direction.
- Develop, implement and communicate more value driven construction techniques and production procedures, while continually looking to recommend value-engineering and other cost saving opportunities.
- Develop, monitor and adhere to the building budgets, work schedules, labor forecasts with a view towards maximum efficiency.
- Provide input and supervise all construction services while monitoring and protecting company assets throughout the entire construction process.
- Responsible for promoting, supporting and ensuring safe work practices are consistently adhered to.
- Manage purchase orders, schedules, job costs, subcontracts, & project pre-planning.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts; job margin analysis, project estimations and project profits.
- Responsible for all oversight and aspects of the construction team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- A high skill level in forecasting business plan and meeting budgets and goals set for a department.
- Adherence to Cotton’s and OSHA safety requirements in completion of all work tasks.
- Strong focus on execution and able to work as part of a team.
- Strategic mindset with practical orientation.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours including weekends.
- Must be able to maintain a substantial and/or extended travel schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Business, Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of large volume residential construction and project management experience with an expert knowledge and understanding of residential homebuilding disciplines.
- Proven experience in collaboratively leading and supervising others.
- Financial acumen on construction financials to include house cost and overhead management.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid Driver’s License
About Cotton Holdings, Inc.
Headquartered in Katy, Texas, Cotton Holdings, Inc. is a leading infrastructure support services company with subsidiaries that conduct business under the Cotton Commercial USA, Cotton International, Cotton Roofing, Cotton Logistics, Cotton Culinary, OneLodge and OneTeam brands. Cotton provides property restoration and recovery, construction, roofing, consulting, workforce staffing, temporary housing and culinary services to public and private entities worldwide.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Cotton Holdings, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is at-will and decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.