At Gerry Lane Enterprises, we strive to make every customer a customer for life. Our Louisiana dealerships have been proudly serving the Baton Rouge areas for many years. Our promise is to keep delivering the same top-notch service and value that our community has come to expect from all of our dealerships through the years.
Are you looking for a job that combines competitive pay with good culture? Have you been considering the automotive industry but don't know how to break in? Are you passionate about delivering a unique customer experience that creates a memorable and outstanding impression? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we want to talk to you.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- Flexible Schedules
- Technician Uniforms
- Loyal client base from over 40 years in the same location
- Multiple Diesel Fleet Accounts providing a steady stream of ROs
- 2200+ ROs/month
- Professional work environment with 42 service bays
- 401K With Company Match
- Vision / Dental / Health Insurance
- Bonus Incentives
- All required certifications and training paid: including transportation and certification fees
- Great Culture
- Promote From Within!
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and/or manufacturer standards
- Diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc. to specification
- Provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs
- Explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology.
- Inspect and test new vehicles and recording findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of diesel repair and maintenance experience in a heavy truck / fleet dealership or shop environment
- One or more factory trained certifications preferred
- Possess own tools to perform work on all systems on diesel equipment
- Knowledge on A/C system, brake system, emission systems, air systems and diagnostics / trouble shooting of diesel engines
- Basic computer skills with ability to use diagnostic programs
- Hold CDL license or be capable of obtaining a CDL license
- Must be able to pass a drug test, background check, and MVR check
- Diesel Technician / Heavy Truck –Trailer Mechanic: 3 years
- Required license or certification: ASE
- ASE electrical and Air Brake System certification
- CDL Preferred
- Certified welder a plus