Cherry Hill Animal Hospital is seeking a full time Veterinary Technician to join our progressive 3 doctor practice located in Cherry Hill, just 20 minutes from Philadelphia. Our team is comprised of dedicated veterinary professionals that put an emphasis on making the appointment a positive patient experience.
We are seeking a compassionate, experienced veterinary technician to complete our work family. A credentialed technician is strongly preferred but will also consider candidates with passion and experience with full technician duties. We are a "work hard, play hard" family that supports work/life balance.
Applicants should have the following skills and attributes:
- Positive attitude and thrives in a team setting
- Effective communicator with clients and colleagues
- Gentle and patient focused handling and restraint
- Focused toward general practice and wellness. Experienced with vaccine schedules, new pet exams, flea/tick and heartworm prevention, comfortable with end of life appointments and able to conduct unassisted client education in exam rooms
- Comfortable and knowledgeable in surgery; induction through recovery. Dental experience a huge plus!
- Ability to calculate drug dosages and deliver medications IM, PO, and SQ
- IV catheter placement, efficient urine and blood collection, preparing lab samples and reading cytologies
This is a full time 40 hour/week position that includes evening hours and weekend days. Overtime is also available at our network hospitals in ER/specialty settings.
In addition to a competitive hourly, our hospital provides uniforms, paid vacation & personal days, paid CE days with educational allowance. Additional benefits include 401k with matching, health insurance with vision and dental, a generous personal pet discount and much more!