You will be working on premium quality aesthetics for cutting edge automotive exterior and interior concepts.
You love to share your pathbreaking ideas within our laser-focused team and have a proven track record of successfully developing design ideas from sketch to digital model.
You have worked directly with CAD designers, clay modelers and fabricators alike.
- Contribute to Advanced Interior, and Exterior Design projects, create innovative sketches and renderings
- Travel to Europe, and or China as needed
- Prepare and deliver high quality design presentations internally, and to design management.
- Create compelling and appropriate design proposals for various vehicle programs in the form of sketches, renderings and 3D digital models.
- Direct the development of digital models
- Assist in the development of full-scale design models
- Conduct project research to monitor future design trends and benchmark competition
- Stay up to date on the latest automotive engineering, CFM trends, and automotive UI/UX
- Assist in the maintenance of the design studio in order to better foster creativity
- Support Design management in setting and ensuring important milestones in vehicle design process from sketch to finished full runner concept car.
- Support clay/ digital/ and hard modelling as necessary to achieve design targets.
- Translate solutions into 2D and 3D to demonstrate visual requirements.
- Research and benchmark competing product developments, and identify trends relevant to program goals.
Must Have Skillsets
- 2+ years as a professional Exterior and/ or Interior Designer at global automotive OEM, or renowned design studio.
- Knowledge of engineering principles, including vehicle interior systems, architecture and ergonomics
- Willing to work internationally up to 25% of time.
- Capability to conduct exterior and interior design development with excellent design sense.
- Knowledge of Product and Manufacturing Engineering Processes and Requirements: Metal forming, SMC processing. Injection Molding, Texturing
- Outstanding sketching and rendering skills.
- Profound understanding of 3D design development in CAD, and clay model
- Strong presentation skill for both internal and external meetings.
- Passionate about design and up-to-date about technology trends.
- Adobe Photoshop expert knowledge.
- Expertise in 3D software (e.g. Maya, Alias Design Studio) is a plus
- Expertise in Apple keynote, MS Visio, and Sketch is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing Bill of Process - Body Shop Assembly, Fabrication, Metal Forming, Paint & Sealing and General Assembly
- Command of German and Chinese language is a plus.
Location: Downtown Los Angeles, CA and Santa Monica, CA