Why Seidel Schroeder?
We are a rapidly growing professional firm that focuses on our client’s needs and expectations while fostering a fun and challenging work environment. We believe in creating long lasting relationships with our clients and our team. Seidel Schroeder offers a family oriented atmosphere with an excellent work/life balance for helping you grow professionally and personally. All team members have a voice that is heard.
We are currently seeking an experienced Audit Manager to add to our Brenham team.
- Work on a wide variety of external audit engagements under the supervision of the audit partner, performing the following duties:
- Execute external audit engagements for clients in a variety of industries
- Train and supervise seniors and staff
- Review work performed by seniors and staff
- Research technical accounting issues
- Communicate with client personnel in order to identify and assess existing client accounting processes, internal controls, and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Prepare and review financial statements and notes and internal control observations and recommendations
- Frequent same day travel to clients’ offices
- Able to work overtime during certain seasonal periods
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting
- Licensed CPA
- 3 to 5 years auditing experience with public accounting firm
- Organized, energetic and self-motivated
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
Siedel Schroeder was founded in 1967 in Brenham, the firm has offices in Brenham, College Station and Sealy, Texas. We currently have 11 partners, over 25 CPAs and over 50 paraprofessional and administrative/support staff. We provide a full range of auditing, accounting, tax, management advisory, retirement plan administration, bookkeeping, payroll, and business valuation services.
Along with competitive salaries, we offer the following benefits:
- Annual Bonus: Discretionary; paid annually based upon merit, with annual performance review
- Fun family gatherings and many employee perks throughout the year
- 401(k) Plan – Firm Profit Sharing Plan 3% Safe Harbor non-elective employer contribution and additional discretionary profit sharing contribution
- The firm currently pays 85% of the Medical premium on our PPO plan and 100% for HSA, 100% Firm Paid Employee Dental, Life Insurance and Long-term Disability. Dependent coverage is available.
- $1000 Staff Referrals Bonuses
- 24 Hours of Paid Community Impact Time - available to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- New employees begin employment with three (3) weeks paid time off, prorated for the first year with increases based on years of service, and customary Holidays.
- Reimbursement of all necessary CPA license renewals and required CPE expenses/courses
- 100% of AICPA and TSCPA annual fees paid by the Firm
- Free parking and Business Appropriate Dress M-TH; JEANS on Friday
If you would be interested in knowing more please apply to this job posting or email me at firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp We would love to hear from you!