Who we are…
Packaging Personified continues to grow and has become a nationwide supplier of packaging and associated services for a wide variety of flexible packaging products. Growing to include a multi-site manufacturer with on-site extrusion, flexographic printing, converting, laser-perforation, lamination, graphics separation and proofing and consultation. Packaging Personified is the perfect example of how striving to deliver quality and service builds customer relationships and opportunities to grow.
What we are looking for…
We currently have 2 open full-time positions for Extrusion Operators at our Carol Stream, IL manufacturing plant. Are you looking for the next step in your career? We have one 2nd shift position (6:00 PM – 6:00 AM) and one swing shift position which will work 1st (6:00 AM – 6:00 PM) or 2nd shift depending on needs. You will work a rotating schedule of 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off. This position will: Support all production operations to optimize output and minimize waste while maintaining excellent quality and safety standards; Assist in the manufacture of quality products (per customer standards) as determined by the production schedule and or supervisor; Gain understanding of the technical knowledge required in the manufacturing process, and continuously improve skills and productivity through teamwork; and, Perform housekeeping chores as needed, to maintain a safe and orderly work environment. Safety and quality are our passion and commitment to our clients!
What you’ll be doing…
- Determine the correct film width, gauge and treat level by reading job specification sheet.
- Perform data entry required to maintain production records.
- Become proficient at set-ups, changeovers and general extrusion functions.
- Handle department paperwork required for manufactured materials.
- Perform quality audits for material being produced.
- Work closely with lead operator to insure that all quality and product specifications are.
- Perform routine, light maintenance and troubleshooting of all equipment in the department.
- Maintain a clean and organized production area, and follow all safety procedures.
- Help train and answer questions for entry level operators
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of your position.
What you’ll need…
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year certificate from college or technical school, or 1 to 3 years’ related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to demonstrate functional use of a tape measure, and other measurement equipment on which you will be trained.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with fellow employees.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- A drive to succeed.
- A can-do attitude.
- A self-starter approach.
Physical working area is multi-shift, high speed packaging operations which may be noisy and very warm. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to work safely around machinery and chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What we are excited to offer you….
- Excellent starting pay.
- Ability to earn additional pay increases at set intervals within your first year, in addition to annual increases.
- Shift differential
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, prescription coverage, vision, short-term disability, 401k with a generous company match, approved job-related training reimbursement, paid holidays and paid time off (including quarterly earned personal days and 3 weeks' vacation after 5 years).
- Hundreds of available discounts on car rentals, hotels, theater and concert tickets, pet care, child care, theme parks, waterparks, apparel, financial assistance, education, and MUCH MORE, offered through LifeCare, at no cost to you!
- Discounts on products and services with Verizon.
Most importantly, we offer you the chance to join an innovative company focused on growth and success, driven by each team member’s contributions! Come join us, apply today! We’d love to talk with you!
Packaging Personified is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Must be able to successfully pass all pre-employment screenings and/or testing (including drug screen, background and criminal checks, and applicable skills testing).