Job ID: 140044
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® has exciting opportunities in the Extrusion department at our Terrell, Texas facility. We are continually investing in a world-class safe work environment. Providing our employees with a quality work environment results in a high-quality product our customers have come to expect. Employees find the opportunity for personal growth, career longevity, and being part of a team. If you are seeking those qualities in your employment then Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® would be a great place for your career.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This department is responsible for extruding aluminum. Aluminum extrusion is the process of shaping the metal by forcing it to flow through a shaped opening in a die. The result is an elongated piece of aluminum with the same shape as the die opening. It is used in glass framing for a multitude of applications
- This position is responsible for putting cut metal in racks or containers, assisting the saw operator and visually inspecting the product for quality flaws
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- Ability to read written instructions and follow verbal instructions
- Multitask, prioritize, and work under time constraints
- Communicate well with peers and management
- Be able to follow direction and work without supervision
- Must be able to work flexible schedules, with periods of required overtime - this is a night shift position
- Be a team player and willing to be trained to work in other areas as assigned
- Preference will be given to applicants with former extrusion experience
- Must have at least 1-year experience in a manufacturing facility or similar work environment
- Stand and walk for an entire shift on concrete, up to 12 hours
- Twist, bend, stoop, and kneel
- Lift, push, pull and move up to 75 lbs. individually or 150 lbs. with a partner
- Grasp, squeeze, hold/handle thin to thick metal, small & large items
- Requires reaching, handling and grasping while turning of the upper body while moving and lifting
- Visual acuity to inspect the product for various quality flaws and to ensure equipment is in safe working condition
- Proper wear of all required Personal Protective Equipment
- Work in temperatures consistent with same outdoor climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.