Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 67639BR Date posted 06/13/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
F135 International Financial Specialist - 67639BR
The UTC Re-Empower Program is a returntowork program that helps support talented and committed professionals as they rebuild their capabilities, improve leadership skills, and continue their professional journey.
The program consists of a 16-week comprehensive cohort assignment, which offers a rich and rewarding experience and mentorship for program participants transitioning back into the workforce after a 2+ year career break, for reasons such as childcare, eldercare, career path change, illness, retirement or other personal matters.
Selected experienced professionals will gain paid, on-the-job experience, have an opportunity to participate in sessions with leadership, develop personalized plans for success and receive mentoring to guide their return to work experience.
Upon completion of the 16-week program, based on performance, Re-Empower participants may have an opportunity to convert to a full-time role.
Cohort II of the UTC Re-Empower Program will run from September 5 - December 21, 2018.
- Currently be on a break of at least two years or more
- Have a minimum of five years of professional work experience
- Have an interest in returning to work in a full-time position
- Have an ability to attend the Re-Empower Program Orientation at UTC Headquarters in Farmington, CT on September 5-7, 2018
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Financial Specialist based in East Hartford, CT supporting our International F135 Production Programs.
The F135 Program Financial Support (PFS) organization offers a dynamic and challenging and rapidly growing work environment for motivated Finance professionals. The F135 engine program is the largest military program in UTC's portfolio, with annual sales of $2.0B that are expected to more than double by the end of the decade.
This position provides the unique opportunity to build and demonstrate leadership skills while cultivating relationships in a rapidly growing international setting across multiple functional groups. The individual will provide financial insight and leadership in the development of accounting processes and reporting with regards to international sites and legal entities. The employee will also serve as a liaison and finance lead for specific foreign legal entities regarding financial matters.
- Forecast deliveries, cashflow, and financial information for monthly reports and OMM's
- Communicate and present financial information of each country
- Supervise respective E&Y staff located in foreign country
- Lead foreign cash (hedging), needs
- Handle cash lending/borrowing process for respective countries
- Develop budget and conduct analysis by legal entity and F135 International sites
- Develop provide information to develop rates
- Set up banking requirements
- Monitor operational metrics of respective country, and Update key finance deliverables by country site
- Support Finance manager on financial reporting and oversight of entities
- Run respective in-country firm to ensure adherence to statutory requirements and UTC financial reporting requirements
- Liaison with Supply Chain management and in-country business unit manager to ensure
- Work with UTG/UTIO and other 3rd parties to gather in-country costs and provide needed information
- Support air-force base, depot and FACO sites with financial information
- Complete Capital asset requests for each country
- Support respective F135 Depot, Global Asset Manager, and FACO managers
- Upload Forecast and HFM data into respective legal entities
- Liaison Country Business Unit Managers on obtaining financial country information
- Proposing financial labor hours and material costs, reviewing basis of estimates, and support negotiations for respective countries you are responsible for.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications
- You possess a minimum of 5 years of financial, cost accounting experience.
- Validated experience in 3years of analytical experience.
- Minimum 2 years Government finance or government contracts required
- MBA preferred
- Excellent writing and presentation skills are strongly preferred.
- Strengths you'll need in adaptability, customer focus and focus on results is strongly preferred.
- A Strong understanding of Excel and other MS Office tools is a big plus.
You have exposure to international business, general and cost accounting, project management, and finance and or business operations.
A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration is required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.