Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 63188BR Date posted 06/27/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
At Pratt and Whitney, the sky has no limits.
With Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to help build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Support Equipment Tool Design Engineer to be part of the team in East Hartford, CT.
Do you have the experience to join our team? JobDescription
The F135 Sustainment Program provides logistic products and services to the worldwide F135 propulsion fleet including Support Equipment, Joint Technical Data, Repair Development, Engineering Technical Services, Training Services, Fleet Operations, Supply Chain Management, Maintenance Services, Site/Depot Activation, and Fleet Management Services.
The F135 Logistic Program Management (LPM) team is seeking a new team member to serve as the Sustainment Program Integration Manager. You will be responsible for assisting the Sustainment Program Manager and Sustainment Business Manager in handling all aspects of the sustainment program including:
- Lead contract base lining activities for new contract awards
- Brief customers in Monthly Program Review (MPR) addressing cost and schedule forecast, cost and schedule risks, and corrective action status.
- Monitor execution of the retrofit activities including tracking, reporting and billing assistance
- Monitor CDRL delivery performance
- Monitor Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) status and milestone completion
- Monitor Completion Execution Indices (CEI) and Baseline Execution Indices (BEI) metrics and drivers
- Participate in the review and disposition program cost and schedule risks/opportunities
- Develop sales forecasts and monitor progress for F135 Sustainment Program in support of the OMM process
- Update and maintain F135 Sustainment 5 year staffing plan
- Develop forecast and monitor expenditures for the onsite and offsite sustainment overhead budgets
- Work as level 3 cost account manager (CAM) for the sustainment program management activities
- Develop, track execution, monitor expirations and liquidation of Management Authorized Materials (MAMs)
This position requires close coordination with key IPMT members including the Program Management Office (PMO), Program Finance Services, Earned Value Management Services, and the customer in order successfully execute the contract requirements and maintain communication across the program.
Would you benefit from a better life balance? InclusionPowersInnovation:
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Employee Resource Groups:
The 9 ERGs have a collective mission of supporting P&W's recruitment, development, and retention efforts through workshops and events that promote personal/professional development, employee engagement, community involvement, and business value.
- All ERGs are open to all UTC employees, participation is voluntary
- ERGs strive to provide short and long-term professional and personal benefits to their members
- There are many other employee organizations at P&W, often more recreational in nature (e.g. jazz band and bicycling club).
As a mother or father you have time off options to consider while caring for and bonding with your child. UTC employees also enjoy up to 8 paid weeks of birth and adoption leave and 4 paid weeks for parental leave.
Employee Scholar Program:
Are you looking to grow as a professional?
We are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the ESP. We believe that individual and corporate success is motivated by lifelong learning so we enable employees to continue their higher education. We want to have the best-educated workforce in the world. ESP is one of the most comprehensive company-sponsored employee education programs in the world.
More than 45,000 employees have earned more than 38,000 degrees.
- 7+ years experience in Logistics support and Program Management
- 2+ in Project based work
- 2+ years in Earned Value Management
- Experience with government compliance contracts
- In-depth knowledge of integrated master scheduling
- Experience with military customers
- Knowledge of propulsion system sustainment
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrated self-initiative,
- Focus on results,
- Follow through with commitments,
- Customer focus.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, logistics, or business management
- A Master's degree is considered a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.