Subaru Distributors Corp.(SDC) is seeking a Field Service Engineer (FSE) residing in Northern New Jersey covering eleven (11) Authorized Subaru Retailers. The FSE is the highest escalation point in the organization for technical assistance. The FSE works on technical cases escalated from the Subaru Technical Assistance Helpline, Regional Management, and District Management and through the Retailer Technical Assistance Escalation Process. The FSE issues comprehensive technical reports on vehicle repair assistance cases and proactively identifies and issues detailed reports on potential vehicle quality issues found in their area of responsibility (AOR).
- Prevention of Lemon Law Re-Purchases by way of assisting retailers with vehicle issue diagnosis and repair for cases under attorney representation.
- Provide technical assistance for properly escalated vehicle repair assistance cases in the form of phone, email and retailer field visits to prevent vehicle qualification for applicable state Lemon Law & Breach of Warranty.
- Work with and educate retailer personnel on proper technical cases escalation, vehicle diagnostics and repair.
- Monitor daily and weekly vehicle down alert lists and take ownership of cases requiring technical assistance through resolution and issue detailed reports on findings.
- Comprehensive root cause analysis on all vehicle re-purchases.
- Issue quarterly retailer evaluation/contact reports for all retailers in the AOR.
- Monitor assigned retailers’ technical training objectives and training levels.
- Work with assigned retailers’ service management to achieve individual retailer technical training objectives.
- Development of retailer level technical training plans for Service Manager’s use in registering technicians to instructor led and web-based Subaru Technical Training.
- Work with area parts and service representative(s) on all technical needs including root cause analysis for repairs that are not a matter of warranty.
- Work with Subaru Field Quality Department and Subaru Corporation Engineers on product improvement, current investigations, product liability investigations and part collections.
- Perform field investigation independently and with Subaru Engineers issuing detailed reports on findings and proposed resolutions.
- Field evaluation of proposed product enhancements prior to release & evaluate product enhancement effectiveness after release.
- Provide support and testimony on behalf of Subaru in legal actions brought against Subaru by consumers.
- Technical support for all departments at Subaru Distributors Corp.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 5 years automotive experience in warranty service and repair.
- Subaru Experience is preferred but not required.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications A1-A8 (Automotive Master), L1 (Advanced Engine Performance) & L3 (Light Duty Hybrid)
- Valid Driver’s License.
- AS Degree or higher in Automotive Technology or related field preferred, equivalent experience in manufacturer based field technical service will be considered.
- Must have the ability to lift approximately 50lbs. of equipment and automotive parts.
- Able to operate vehicles equipped with manual transmission.
- Proficient in Windows Based Operating systems (Windows 10).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Detailed oriented and organized, able to multi-task.
- Works well with others.
- Good time management skills.
- Customer service skills.
TRAVEL AND OTHER INFORMATION:
- This position requires a considerable amount of travel 4-5 days a week with overnight stays.
- Occasional travel on the weekends may be required.
- Applicant will have to travel via airplane a few times per year.
- All business related travel expenses are reimbursed.
- The employee is provided with a company vehicle, company cell phone, company issued computer, equipment and related office supplies.
- The employee is provided with special tools and equipment deemed necessary for the job function.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
SDC is the exclusive regional distributor of Subaru vehicles and parts in New York and Northern New Jersey. The company has experienced consistent growth and continues to do so. We offer a full array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k with matching contributions, paid time off and summer Friday hours. SDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.