Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Complete a quality preventative maintenance inspection and repairs on all company owned equipment, to include tractors, trailers, refrigerated units and support equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment to appropriate specifications (OEM, DOT, Swift, ect).
- Inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and perform minor and/or complex repairs for all equipment.
- Disassemble, repair and re-assemble of Heavy Tuck & Trailer components; including but not limited to; refrigerated units, diesel engines, transmissions, axles and any other components or systems.
- Perform offsite repairs to include minor to mid level roadside breakdowns as directed by leadership.
- Perform tire maintenance to include: repairs, failure analysis, coding, identification.
- May be required to test drive equipment if certified.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
- Skills: Demonstrated/proven superior customer service skills. Ability to read and understand repair manuals, understanding and ability to complete/fill tags and repair orders. Ability to use and learn various diagnostic software used on tractor/trailers. Must possess excellent computer skills.
- Education: High School, GED or combination of training and/or experience required. Drivers license required.
- Experience Required: Three (3) years' experience with on the job training or diploma in vehicle maintenance from vocational or trade school required. Must possess the tools required to accomplish the essential job results required.