POSITION: Registered Nurse Instructor
STATUS: Full Time Faculty (32 hours per week)
START DATE: Summer 2018
REPORTS TO: Dean of Nursing
LOCATION: Wisconsin Market
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach 15 to 21 contact hours clinical and/or theory classes in one or more areas depending on transcript review: Fundamentals, Pharmacology, Medical/Surgical, Pediatrics, Mental Health and/ or Lifespan Development courses, etc.
- Provide regular skills assistance and tutoring
- Attend mandatory meetings
- Collaborate with nursing faculty in developing and evaluating course curriculum, learning support, and assessments
- Implement and evaluate strategies for improved student retention and success
- Maintain knowledge and skills and model lifelong learning through continuous professional development, including completing and maintaining a teaching portfolio
- Serve on campus committees and participate in campus events
- Be available to teach day, evening, and/or weekend classes at any campus in the market
- Other related duties as required
- MS-Nursing and current Wisconsin RN license required.
- Doctorate Degree preferred
- Successful teaching in higher education setting preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ clinical experience in field required.
- Working knowledge of computer software (e-mail, Microsoft Word, etc)
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and student success
- Strong team player
Submit application, cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and teaching philosophy during electronic application process.
Bryant & Stratton College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.