RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a FTA Business Analyst / Quality Assurance (QA) Tester in Brooklyn, New York (NY).
As part of the eArraignment packet, the client provides a Failure To Appear (FTA) risk score that is manually calculated by employing an algorithm that has proven to be outdated. FTA determines the likelihood of a defendant to appear for their next court date. Due to a lack of confidence, judges ignore the score at arraignment thus putting defendants in jail while awaiting trial which increases the daily jail population by an estimated 700 inmates. Implementing a new algorithm is central to the client's Plan. The client contracted with industry experts to modernize the FTA algorithm which expected to be completed by April2018. This project will deliver a new FTA Tool to automate the risk scoring process at the client by implementing the new algorithm and modernizing the eArraignment workflow.
This person will act as an Business Analyst and UI Tester for the FTA Tool Project. As Business Analyst a consultant in this position will be responsible for meeting with stakeholders in order to define the strategy, build the roadmap and guide the development process for the FTA project and changes necessary for eArraignment application to receive data from FTA application. This role is critical to the overall success of the project.
In details, BA responsibilities will include:
- Manage and plan the IT requirements elicitation efforts such as conducting stakeholder analysis, planning elicitation tasks and activities and creating analysis timelines
- Elicit requirements by interviewing business owners/stakeholders to understand business needs, processes, and data sources, conducting interface analysis, reviewing documentation and utilizing other analysis
REQUIREMENTS:Mandatory Skills/Experience (Candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered):
- At least 8 years of experience as a Business analyst with hands-on QA experience
- 2+ years of experience in Agile (SCRUM) projects
- Experience in gathering business, technical, and functional requirements for large-scale IT projects
- Proven experience in requirements elicitation and defining requirements for solutions in multiple-entity environments (multiple agencies, business partners, etc.)
- Experienced with formal SDLCs, Business Analysis and Quality Assurance methodologies; Working knowledge of business analysis and QA documentation standards
- Experienced with project management methods (waterfall vs agile)
- Experience using an automated requirements management tool (preferably CaliberRM)
- Experience in performing end-to-end test process for complex enterprise solutions
- Experience using SDLC management tools to track and execute test processes, Quality Center is preferable
- Must be proficient computer user with experience using standard productivity tools including Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio for documents development and data preparation
- Strong issue resolution and investigation skills
- Must take initiative, be a decisive decision-maker and show confidence in decisions made
- Must be able to assist in validation of technical requirements for integrating data systems
- Must be able to take strategic direction from executive management and participate in strategic planning activities throughout the lifetime of the project
- Must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.