Job ID: 139539
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The Saw Operator operates circular saws to cut aluminum extrusion to length for processing. Other duties may include packing, building shipping crates, and other work requested by management. If you have a desire to learn and grow in a team environment then Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® could be a great place for your career.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup and operation of saws
- Able to read cutting lists and usage sheets
- Learn Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® quality standards
- Cut a minimum quantity of material per hour
- Minimize scrap and rework
- Secure blocks in clamps of automatic-feed saw, preset to specified length
- Moving material including aluminum from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite the object throughout the plant and load into the crates
- On/off-loading of materials from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for up to eight or more hours daily
- Regular and predictable attendance, ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures, including Critical Safety Rules, are essential functions of your job
- All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
- Be able to learn setup and operation of all saws
- Be able to read cutting lists and usage sheets
- Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively use a tape measure
- Able to work a flexible starting schedule and/or overtime
- Prior manufacturing experience a plus
- Ability to stand on concrete floor while wearing steel-toed shoes for 8-10 hours or more
- Ability to lift a maximum of 75 lbs. on an intermittent basis
- Muscular, cardiovascular and upper/lower body manipulation is used to move objects through the fabrication process (bending, twisting, and reaching)
- Gripping, cupping, clamping hand and wrist motions are required to support, carry, and maneuver objects to platform heights of three feet in a manner considered safe for self and others. The on/off-loading of materials from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
Table Saw, Nail Gun, cart, crane, pallet jack, tape measure
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.